Friday, October 5, 2012

ProjectName.xml in project folder. What? Why?

Looks like it’s a documentation related file. How I got this file? I converted a project from c# to vb.net. Conversion process worked pretty well. When I tried to check in the codes I keep seeing an un versioned file name [ProjectName].xml

At first I thought it’s a dll xml but later found out that its not necessary at all to run my project, I deleted it and build it again. works file but the file again got generated. Then looking at the build configuration I found the solution.

image

Its XML documentation file. To switch off the auto file creation all we have to do is uncheck the “XML Documentation file” checkbox of Build Tab of project configuration.

That’s it, the file will not get generated after you build again.

No comments:

Post a Comment